Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Juno Awards

So today the Juno Award Nominees were announced. I'm not going to go through the whole list as it is quite long. But there were some that weren't a surprise. Everyone seems to like anything Michael Buble does, they also adore Drake, Johnny Reid, and Classified. I am not a fan though.

Bands that should get the Juno in their category are:

1. Tegan and Sara for their album Sainthood. It was a fantastic album. Hands down best Canadian album of the year period.

2. Alexisonfire for Old Crows/Young Cardinals I don't even like this kind of music and I went out and bought this CD. So for their ability to get people to listen that wouldn't normally is worthy of a Juno for sure.

3. Now K-Os and K-naan are both nominated in the same category for rap recording of the year. I have a feeling it's going to be between K'naan and Drake officially. But if I was deciding it would be between K-Os and K'naan. And I'd probably lean towards K-Os. So let K-Os win for best rap album of the year and K'naan can win for artist of the year. Deal?

4.Darryl Neudorf should win for recording engineer of the year.

5. Mr. Hurricane should win for Video of the year. But I'm bias just because I really like Beast.

I like how the new artist of the year category has bands that have been around forever. What exactly makes them new artists? Seriously.

Anyways those are the artists I care about this year and those are the only categories with artists I know enough about to make comments on. So that's it.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home