Thursday, February 25, 2010

GOLD IN WOMEN'S HOCKEY - SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!!

What a day!

Canada defends their title as Olympic Champions. Gold! I love that team so much. I'm going to get a poster and put it on my wall. My nerves were shattered though. I didn't realize how much I cared about their performance until I started getting light headed while watching the game.

I was surprised St. Pierre didn't play goal but boy Szabados did a great job. She made every save and shut-out those pesky Americans. This team has meant so much to Canada over the years and this was a well deserved medal. They really were the deepest most hardworking and most prepared. They deserved this.

********************

I couldn't for the life of me remember Paul Coffey's name today. I had to dig through the stack of hockey cards but for some reason his name escaped me. I know it now of course but only because my Grandfather (who ain't no spring chicken) remembered. It was funny.

********************

And who could forget Joannie Rochette. She didn't have the best skate out there but it was good enough for bronze and considering the circumstances it looked pretty golden to me.

********************

Don't forget Canada to tune in tomorrow for the Men's and Women's Curling finals. We go for GOLD! Also Canada VS. Slovakia in men's hockey. That should be a good game. So tune in Brian Williams will be there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home