Monday, February 22, 2010

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Gold Medalists!!

Virtue and Moir made history tonight by becoming the first North Americans (and Canadians at that) to win gold in ice dance. They blew the competition out of the water by winning by 6 points. They are also pretty darn young at ages 22 and 20 respectively. They have been skating since they were little and it looks like all those hours spent at the rink paid off! Good for them. Everyone is happy. You log onto facebook and all you see is status updates about the newest gold medal in the trophy case of Canada. Where Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kratz paved the way Virtue and Moire went! It was fantastic.

******************

The Canadian Women advance to the finals in hockey. They will be facing rivals USA. I'm really hoping and praying that we win that game. They have it in them to win. I firmly believe that we have a strong strong team. I really don't want to jinx this post by saying we have the stronger team so I won't. As long as they keep it simple. Keep making good passes through the neutral zone and keep getting the puck to Megan Agosta ... lol.

I'm buying a poster and I'm putting it on my wall these girls are truly heros in my opinion to all Canadians and they are making us all proud.

*sniff I think I might shed a tear*

*******************

Anyone catch that Brian Williams and Brian Williams bit they did earlier today? It was hilarious. I know every Canadian loves Brian Williams (the Canadian one) and it just wouldn't be the Olympics without him doing the prime-time show. Plus after Brian Williams (the American one) interview on Q he deserves honorary Canadian status. That's not something to be given out lightly either.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home